Spread the love
03/26/2019 – Today’s Hot Seat questions were for Owasso Deputy Chief of Police Jason Woodruff.
1. Who is a role model in your life?
That would have to be my Dad, Dennis Woodruff. I’ve never met a more kind, hardworking or honorable person.
2. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
I would like to say Mark Wahlberg, since my wife thinks he’s hot. But Will Ferrell is probably a more accurate choice.
3. Which household chores do you not mind?
Washing the dishes, because no one loads the washer correctly besides me. Silverware “handles down” is the only acceptable method. Handles-up is un-American and possibly illegal.
4. What career would you like to have if you could not do your current one?
Restoring old cars would be cool, besides the fact that I have no mechanical aptitude. Is driving old muscle cars a job?
5. What is something on your bucket list?
Cage diving with sharks.
6. What is something most people don’t know about you?
I have a Woody Woodpecker tattoo
7. Dinner with a person (past, present, future) of your choice: Who would you pick and why?
John Wayne. He just seemed like a cool guy.
8. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I’ve always wanted to be a cop, even as a kid.
9. What is the weirdest food you have eaten?
I spent a lot of time overseas in the Army. I ate things I didn’t recognize and the locals just smiles when asked what kind of meat it was. I choose to live in denial and assume it was beef.
10. What is your favorite thing about Owasso? Probably the sense of community. I grew up in Colcord, a town with about 500 people where everyone knew each other and people looked out for each other when times were tough. Although Owasso is a “big city” in comparison, we’ve kept that same small town vibe.