Spread the love
01/12/2024 – Around 7:30 am this morning, Owasso Fire responded to a residence fire on 128th East Ave, close to the 6th Grade Center. The fire originated from a chicken coop in the backyard where residents had utilized a heater. The coop ignited, leading to the extension of the fire to the rear of the house.
Owasso Fire Chief David Hurst shares these Winter Safety Tips!
We always see an increase in home fires during colder weather. Here are a few tips to keep you safe this winter
• Keep anything that can burn at least three feet from all heat sources, including fireplaces, wood stoves, portable heaters, and candles.
• Always plug space heaters directly into an outlet and make sure cords aren’t damaged or frayed
• Maintain heating equipment and chimneys by having them cleaned and inspected each year by a professional.
• Never use an oven or gas range to heat your home.