Register Today for the Deer Hunting Conference and Expo
Anyone interested in learning about deer hunting is invited to attend the annual Deer Hunting Conference and Expo. Hosted by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation and National Wild Turkey Federation, the event will offer deer hunting tactics and strategies from expert instructors.
Doors open at 7:30 a.m. Aug. 13 at the Reed Conference Center in Midwest City. The all-day event features three general sessions and five breakout sessions chosen by the attendee. Opening session will include a “campfire-chat” with ODWC and NWTF professionals. Lunch will be provided and includes an all-star lineup of speakers including J.D. Strong, Director of the ODWC, Jeff Danker with BuckVentures TV, NWTF’s Travis Sumner and NWTF OK’s Sierra Michels. Lastly, the closing session will include a recap of the day, and door prizes and giveaways from sponsors.
Some of the breakout sessions taught by ODWC, NWTF and industry experts include:
- Advanced Bow Hunting Tactics with Michael Harrell
- Advanced Rifle Hunting with Steve Easom
- Deer Biology 101 with Big Game Biologist, Dallas Barber
- Deer Biology and Behavior 102 with Big Game Biologist, Dallas Barber
- Deer Hunting Regulations with an ODWC Game Warden, TBD
- Tree Stand Safety with former Game Warden, Jon C. Cunningham
Finding a Place to Hunt with OLAP Biologist, Jeff Tibbits
Game Care – Field to Fork with Austin Morton
- Habitat Improvement with Private Lands Biologist, Leah Lowe
- Introduction to Bow Hunting with Michael Harrell
- Introduction to Deer Hunting with Darrel Noblitt
- Introduction to Muzzle Loading with Wildlife Programs Supervisor, Jerry Shaw
- Introduction to Rifle Hunting with Steve Easom
- Q&A with Daniel McVay of Buckventures
- Saddle Hunting with Game Wardens Jacob Harriet and Jake Roland
- Women in the Outdoors with Tess Maune and Bethany Beathard
Scouting and Stand Placement 101 with Brandon Adams
And many more!